Jeff Chan wrote:
On Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 8:38:31 AM, Jay Levitt wrote:

I tried to create a test harness to see if I can replicate this outside
of SA, but for some reason, even though I double-checked the code I
copied from Dns.pm, I'm getting weird results - it's always giving me
the root nameservers, instead of the name servers for each of the
domains.  This is true with recurse => 0, recurse => 1, or recurse left
out entirely as it is in Dns.pm.  I'm no Perl whiz; can anyone see my
mistake?

Off the top of my head, that sounds like a DNS configuration
error.  Do you have a recent root hints file?  That got updated a
couple times over the past couple years IIRC.

Nope, that's not it - I should clarify that this same code does get the right NS servers when it's running in SA, just not standalone (and I'm using the same login).  So I'm doing something wrong Perl-wise; I just don't know what...

Jay