>Hello.
>
>Following discussions on this list about obfuscating words to
>avoid spam
>detection, and not being a ninja, I'd like some feedback about the
>possible efficacy or pitfalls on rules like the following.
>
>As noted in other discussions, words with scrambled letters
>between the
>first and last letter can be caught by checking the
>permutations of the
>letters:
>
>      /\ba(?:ess|ess|ses|ses)s\b/i   <-   finds permutations of "asses"
>
>However, this quickly gets unweildy when building a regex checking all
>the permutations of more than 5 letters.

-snip-

>-- Mike

Mike, the best advice I can give on this, is don't bother. Without a better
and faster eval to do most of the work, the return isn't worth it. Believe
me I know. I set my sights on flags with better returns. You can pick some
of the more common OBFU stuff. It will last a while, but then they will
simply change. Not worth the time.

--chris