jeffrey.arnold wrote:

Hi users,

I have a weird problem here that i know i am not the only one to encounter, and have yet to see (in much searching) a solution for.

I am running spamassassin for all mail via spamd/spamc, and filtering on the "X-Spam-Status: Yes" header. The majority of my spam is getting caught, but quite a bit is getting through. The vast majority of the spam that gets through is tagged as spam in the subject line (i enable rewrite_header), but not tagged as spam in the X-Spam-Status header line. In an example spam, i get the following spamass header:

    autolearn=no version=3.0.2

The subject/body, on the other hand, contains:

Subject: ****SPAM(10.9)**** Become the man that women desire

...snip...

So it appears that spamassassin tagged this as spam with 10.9 points, but left out some of the rules when writing the X-Spam-Status header, claiming the email only received 4.8 points. Spamassassin is installed directly out of freebsd ports on a fbsd4.11 box with perl 5.8.5. My local.cf is included below. Why would spamassassin be dropping rules like this?

Thanks much,
-jba

Jeffrey,

This type of symptom seems to be common to mail being scanned twice (or more) by spamassasin. how do you have the call to spamd/spamc implemented?

alan