Matt Kettler wrote:

At 10:43 PM 3/1/2005, Jay Levitt wrote:

Why would the HELO_DYNAMIC_* rules trigger on these headers? Surely it's ok to have a dynamic IP as the *source* of a message, just not in a relay..?

It looks like it might be a trust path issue.. are the brandeis.edu hosts trusted? If so, SA would be correct in deciding a dynamic node from attbi.com dropped mail off directly.

Nope, they're not - I had no trusted_networks or internal_networks defined.

What do the *.home.jay.fm hosts resolve as when the machine running SA does a DNS lookup? are they reserved IP's? If so, you'll have trust path issues and need to manualy define trusted_networks.

Yep, they're 192.168/16. According to the man page for Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf, that should be automatically trusted due to the DNS checks... is that not correct? I'll try setting it manually.

Jay