David B Funk wrote:
> I have a functionally equivalent rule that I created back in SA-2.5 days.

Me too.  I started out making that a hard test.  But I needed to back
it out, darn it!  Why can't legitimate MTAs play by the rules?

> I had given it a hefty score (1.5) as it seend a good spam-sign, but
> subsequently toned it down as I found some mail-list packages don't
> add Message-IDs to their output.
> I still have the rule, just with a low score (0.3).

I just checked my folders and there is some high profile mail that
that does not set the message id.  Such as all of the Red Cross mail I
have ever received.  Verisign messages (well that is a type of spam).
A large number of messages from various political parties (another
type of spam).  And various different automated order notification
systems which I would not want to lose.  I am not seeing any trouble
with false positives so the current default SA value seems to be a
good choice here.

Bob