Perfect!

Thanks!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kettler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:10 PM
To: Steve Dimoff; Spamassassin-Users
([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: Re: SA Rule - Matching on "From" AND "Subject"

At 01:52 PM 3/3/2005, Steve Dimoff wrote:
>         I'm running SA 2.63, and I have a rule I would like to create that
>would only be a positive number/match if two checks both were matched.
>

>I don't want one rule checking "To" and another checking "Subject", I want
>to combine to the two rules so that if "To" and "Subject" both match
>something then to give it a positive score.

Sounds like you want a meta rule. You'll actually need three rules, a
header rule, a subject rule and a meta rule that combines them. Of the
three, only the meta rule should have a strong positive score.

The subject and header rules can also be scored if you want, or name the
rule starting with a double underscore (__) and omit the score statement
and that rule will become unscored and not visible in the hits list. (this
is a common practice, create two unscored rules and a meta rule, and only
the meta shows in the hits and has a score statement)

Here's a sample meta rule I made that uses body rules, but you can do
header rules just as easily:

meta    LOCAL_PGP_SIG_ABUSE     (__PGP_BEGIN_SIG && !__PGP_END_SIG)
score LOCAL_PGP_SIG_ABUSE       0.5
describe LOCAL_PGP_SIG_ABUSE    Message has a PGP signature that never ends