On Saturday 05 March 2005 1:21 pm, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> I understand that the individual test scores are fed through a neural
> network to derive the final score.  So it seems that this network has
> started to behave badly.

You misunderstand.  The neural network (or whatever they're using these days -
it at least used to be a genetic algorithm) is used to assign the default
scores, not to adjust the scores after the fact.

More likely one of two things is happening: that header was added by another
system running SpamAssassin, or you aren't running with the configuration you
think you are.

Double-check your config and make sure network tests really are disabled.  I
added up the scores for the tests you mentioned using the 4th column (Bayes +
network both enabled) and it comes out to 2.65 - which would round to the 2.7
you're seeing.

--
Kelson Vibber