Thanks for the informative reply.

We have a communal, automatic [1] email address and manual keyword based corporate-wide whitelists that predate our use of SA; I was thinking of factoring out the email address subsystem and replacing it with the AWL as a replacement to simplify the overall system.

I'm now planning to use our email & keyword whitelist scanners to notify us of any mail that SA generates an FP for.

- Barrie

[1] it scans our employees' mbox files and whitelists addresses in email we've sent and that we've read and kept; I've only had to remove one or two addresses from it ever.