All,

  Some postings a while back led me to believe that I could specify multiple
hosts for the -d option of spamc.  I understood that it would operate
basically on a fallback basis (not load balancing).  However, I can't seem to
get spamc to use more than one of the -d listings.  I've tried:

/usr/bin/spamc -d 123.45.67.8 -d 127.0.0.1
/usr/bin/spamc -d 123.45.67.8 127.0.0.1

  And switched the order around and fiddled with hostnames vs IP addresses,
but no dice.  I understand the man page to say that it will use fallback
logic if the hostname resolves (via DNS query, right?) to more than one
host... so why can't I give it those hosts directly?

TIA!

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!