[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What is involved in setting up spamassassin to run on a remote machine?

After installing it on hostA (mailserver) and hostB, I get onto hostA
and tweak my procmailrc to have

:0fw: $HOME/spamassassin.lock
| $SPAMHOME/bin/spamc -d hostB.FQDN

... (if spam, then filter)

And on hostB, I start it up with

$SPAMHOME/bin/spamd -d --syslog-socket=inet -r /var/tmp/spamdnew.pid \
  --allowed-ips=<ip of hostA,ip of hostB>

But I don't even see anything in syslog on hostB.

TIA

I'm assuming when you say you "don't see anything", you mean you don't see anything about 'hostA' trying to connect.

Do you have a firewall running on the spamd host? You'll need to open up tcp port 783 if you do.

Daryl