On Friday, March 11, 2005, 7:51:45 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Friday, March 11, 2005, 7:48:26 AM, Vivek Khera wrote:

>> in your preferences file,

>> skip_rbl_checks 1

>> will turn off the RBL checks but leave SURBL checks on.

>> Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
>> +1-301-869-4449 x806

> Hmm, but is that a good thing or an inconsistency?  In any case
> setting the scores of the regular RBL checks to 0 will definitely
> do the right thing, and is arguably safer.

I.e., in terms of networking the DNS queries, shouldn't SURBLs
and RBLs be handled similarly?  The actual DNS lookups against
the lists are pretty similar, aside from the lack of needing to
resolve the wild domains into IPs first when using SURBLs.

(This is a question for the developers really.  :-)

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]