On 3/9/2005 1:38 PM, Eric A. Hall wrote:

> I think the four affected rules are RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH,
> RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO, RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP, RCVD_BY_IP

Extending the problem report--it seems that these rules don't fire in some
instances. I haven't really checked this out yet, but addresses with a
leading octet of 111, 123, and some others at or below ~130 seem to get
skipped entirely (so does 99 and a few other two-digit numbers). Further,
in keeping with the notion that all-numeric is illegal, high-numbered
decimals (eg, 789) don't trip the RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO rule either.

Let me know what you the plan is on this as I can add these kinds of tests
to my private set, but would rather not if they'll be in the core set.