Hello All,

This is the first time I have used this list so if should have done it a
different way, or have said something wrong, I beg your forgiveness.

I have been running spamassassin for over a year now on my Windows 2003
system using perl 5.6.1. My SA version is 3.0.2.
I run Spamassassin from a batch file:

cd F:\perl\bin
set tmpfile=%1.tmp
f:\perl\bin\perl.exe spamassassin < %1 > %tmpfile%
move /Y %tmpfile% %1

Where %1 is the path to the email file.

I have been having problems with SA for a while, where it is running, but
clearly not functioning correctly, as the BAYES tests are not completing and
various other tests are not either.

Today I decided to try testing it by manually testing some files with the
debug option enabled.

My first question is about saving this debug info. Running this from the
command prompt means that the debug info goes past rapidly, and I lose most
of it as it scrolls off the top of the display. Is there an option to save
debug info to a file which I can look through in my own time?

>From the parts of the debug that I have been able to look at, there are
various errors which I have been unable to work out a solution to, mainly
because I don't understand what they mean.

1) Argument "BODY" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
F:\Perl\site\lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm line 244.

2) debug: URIDNSBL: queries completed: 2 started: 0
debug: URIDNSBL: queries active:  at Sun Mar 13 14:19:17 2005
debug: done waiting for URIDNSBL lookups to complete
debug: running meta tests; score so far=14.882
Scalar found where operator expected at (eval 57) line 724, near "} $self"
        (Missing operator before  $self?)
Failed to run meta SpamAssassin tests, skipping some: syntax error at (eval
57)
line 724, near "} $self"

This second error stops SA from doing any more tests and it just scores the
email on the tests it has already done.

What is also confusing, is that different tests get done when I run the test
by hand, and by my mail server, using exactly the same batch file. For
example, the BAYES test is no longer done when run by my mailserver, but
when done by hand it is.

Eg.
By Mailserver:
        *  0.5 INFO_TLD URI: Contains an URL in the INFO top-level domain
        *  1.6 NUMERIC_HTTP_ADDR URI: Uses a numeric IP address in URL
        *  1.3 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16 BODY: HTML: images with 1200-1600 bytes of
words
        *  0.0 HTML_60_70 BODY: Message is 60% to 70% HTML
        *  2.7 URIBL_SBL Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
        *      [URIs: dhashsad.info]

By Hand, but with the same batch file:
        *  5.0 BAYES_99 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
        *      [score: 0.9976]
        *  1.0 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_16 BODY: HTML: images with 1200-1600 bytes of
words
        *  2.7 URIBL_SBL Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
        *      [URIs: dhashsad.info]
        *  4.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL
blocklist
        *      [URIs: dhashsad.info]

Help in any or all of these matters, very much appreciated. If you think
there is a document which I have not read well enough which might contain
useful info, please do give me a link so I can look it up.

Thanks,
Ben