> >   ...            The person with two clocks is never really sure of
> > the current time.
>
> OT, but... above - *not* a good quote, but it sounds nice)
> To be `sure' of the time, you need at least three clocks (look at the
> documentation for ntp/ntpd).

Its part of a larger quote, to the effect that someone with one clock is
sure of the time, someone withe two clocks isn't and I forget what is
supposed to happen as you get more clocks.  Maybe you get back closer to the
assurance you had with a single cheap windup clock.  I originally came
across the quote on the site of someone that collected atomic clocks.

        Loren