Matt Kettler wrote:
You can't train SA on most messages from Eudora's .mbx files. Speaking as a user of eudora, eudora completely destroys many important parts of a message when it stores it in the mbox, and it cannot be reconstructed.

And this was the main reason that after using Eudora for 8 years, I finally switched to Thunderbird.

The import process from Eudora to Thunderbird works pretty well, though it obviously can't restore information that isn't there. multipart/alternative is, of course, toast, though it does a reasonable job of re-attaching attachments (though the original mime characteristics are long gone). I had 4 years of mail to test it with, and found a lot of bugs for them to fix in the pre-1.0 days!

I think my favorite Eudora craziness was the fact that outgoing mail with signatures is stored as HTML, even if you wrote it as plain text, but isn't labeled as HTML.

--
Kelson Vibber