Mike Spamassassin wrote:

I'd take that bet.
While you are almost certainly correct with the likes of those who
subscribe to this group, who often have multiple email addresses,
out there in [EMAIL PROTECTED] land, and hotmail world, most people have a
single
email address strongly related to their name.

I'll kick in another $5 for the bet. The Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo world is if anything more likely to have addresses that have nothing to do with names, because the username spaces are so fullthat people are forced to be creative and give themselves addresses related to their hobbies or favorite sprts teams.

I think the person you're responding to was generous in expecting the test might hit 80% spam and 20% ham. My bet is that it would be closer to 50%, assuming you're able to come up with a definition of "address is related to name".

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC