>This is an excerpt that I used in trying to track it down.  No real mailto URI
>unless there is some translation going on with email addresses embedded in the
>body by the email client on send.  At first, I just thought it might be a bug
>since the messages were using ISO-2022-JP character set but if I sent just a
>plain text message with just the [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the body, then URIBL_SBL
>was tripped.
>
>*****

        Spamhaus does sometimes "escalate" against companies that ignore
issues for a long time;  But this isn't one of those cases.  Here the listing
is:
http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL17240
which covers exactly one IP 154.33.17.212/32 and gives a good reason for it.

        This is similar to when I had a friend who bought a cheap hosting
service and was surprised to find out it was blacklisted everywhere - They
hosted spammers on the same machine.

        To me it looks like a good case for the people at juntendo.ac.jp to
be looking for another company to do their backup DNS or at least request
that the particular server be changed.  Besides, shouldn't a University
be able to provide their own redundant servers (they do have a legacy class
'B' net to themselves)?

        Sorry, we usually agree (I like that SURBLs try for zero FPs, but
every blacklist has a different goal and a different target, and this site
fits Spamhaus' stated objectives exactly).  BTW. Did you notice that the
owner of the SBL'd site is "Cable and Wireless" - so it is not quite true
that Spamhaus lets "big" companies get away with any thing as someone else
implied earlier.

        I have no idea why I'm always defending all sorts of people.

        Paul Shupak
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]