Greg Abbas wrote:

>Paul Boven <p.boven <at> chello.nl> writes:
>

>>Yes, they're forwarding the messages as attachements, and yes, I'm
>>stripping them out of the message/rfc822 attachements before feeding
>>them to Bayes. And in all the tests I've done so far this seems to work,
>>but now that we've upgraded to SA3.0.2 I can't peek 'under the hood'
>>anymore to see if things are still being learned as they should.
>>

>On a related note, if I grab messages from a maildir after
>spamassassin has "quarantined" them ("The original message has
>been attached to this so you can view it... yadda yadda") is
>sa-learn smart enough to realize that the spam is contained in
>the attachment?

sa-learn is smart enough to undo any changes made by spamassassin
itself, so if you use SA to do your tagging, sa-learn will undo it prior
to learning.

However, if you use a tool like amavis, mimedefang, or mailscanner and
use that tool's own encapsulation methods instead of SA's, then sa-learn
won't undo it.