Okay, trying to understand.

You say:

    whitelist_auth *@*.chase.com
    whitelist_auth serv...@paypal.com
    This would trust emails from any subdomain under chase.com and
    serv...@paypal.com that hit SPF_PASS or DKIM_VALID_AU rules.

Okay, got that.

But I'm confused when you further explain:

    Assuming that real human users with passwords that can be
    compromised are using *@example.com, you would never want to add
    "whitelist_auth *@example.com" except for very specific reasons.
    Example.com should have proper SPF and/or DKIM and the domain
    ownership be verified to be who you think it really is.  Then create
    rules and train your Bayes DB for all other variations of these
    major brands and companies to add points and block the spoofing.

Do you mean don't whitelist_auth *@example.com *unless* they have
published spf/dkim?

Certainly paypal and chase (your examples where you would use
whitelist_auth) have real human users. . .

Thanks in advance for clarifying.