On Tuesday 03 April 2018 at 16:09:38, Leandro wrote:

> > On Tuesday 03 April 2018 at 15:27:11, Leandro wrote:
> > > Hey guys. We just created an URL signature algorithm to be able to
> > > query an entire URL at our URIBL:
> > >
> > > https://spfbl.net/en/uribl/
> >
> > I don't think I understand the following statement on that page:
> >
> > "IMPORTANT: Current limit is 100 ms per IP block. Lower frequencies
> > require contribution. Please contact us informing your IP or range, for
> > further details."
>
> This means, for example, your system do 10 queries at same second, then the
> query frequency is 100ms.

Yes, I got that bit.

How big is an IP block?

> > Please could you explain what this means; what limitations are imposed on
> > use of this service - specifically what is an "IP block", and do you really
> > mean "lower frequencies require contribution"?  Surely that should be
> > "higher"?
>
> Yes, I am sure. Lets use the same example above, but now your system do 20
> queries at same second, then the query frequency becomes 50ms, less than
> first case.

Ah; I would call 50ms the interval and 20 queries per second the frequency.

Thanks for the explanation.

Antony.

--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.