On 17 Oct 2018, at 14:27, Markus Kolb wrote:

Hi,

what is the status of ARC Support (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-16)?

It is not supported in any way in SA as of 3.4.2 and I am unaware of anyone proposing an operational model for supporting it. There is no supporting code in the current 'trunk' codebase. If someone were to provide a reasonable model for supporting ARC in SA and a sound implementation, I would expect that it *could* make the 4.0.0 release. This would be made somewhat more likely by the draft progressing to a final RFC, but the critical component is really a well-designed implementation that provides some utility in determining whether or not mail is spam. It is worth noting that the utility of DKIM and hence DMARC to that end has been marginal.

Also note that while there will be a 3.4.3 release, there is no chance of this or any other completely new feature being added for it, as 3.4.3 is intended to be the final bug fix release for the 3.x lineage.

The perl Mail-DKIM module has ARC support since version 0.50 (https://metacpan.org/pod/release/MBRADSHAW/Mail-DKIM-0.50/lib/Mail/DKIM.pm)

Notably, that support is documented as being 10 draft revisions behind the current one, so it might not be wise to actually use it...

Does SpamAssassin use this feature from Mail-DKIM if this version or newer is available?

No.