At 09:07 AM 3/31/2005, Arvinn Løkkebakken wrote:

You have a broken trust path. ALL_TRUSTED should *never* match email
from outside your network.

But it does anyway, even when trust path is set correctly:

http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/attachment.cgi?id=2508

Hmm. Well, that happens if and only if SA can't parse your received headers: Ususaly broken AV appliances that insert a "by" clause in front of the "from" clause cause this.

One of Roy's headers does look strange to me, and might be unparseable because the from and by are in separate headers. I've never seen a working mailserver do that before, but that doesn't mean it's not parsable by SA.

However, looking at Roy's headers, it looks like he might have a NATed mailserver too, which would definitely cause a broken trust path.

However, you might want to suspect that problem after trying to set trust path. Setting a trust path may or may not fix the problem, but at least it's quick and easy.

The patch is also not a sure-fire fix, as it will NOT help anyone suffering from the broken-trust-path problem. It will ONLY help those suffering from a broken mailserver.