Ron,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 10:23:24AM +0100, Ron McKeating wrote:
> Thanks to all of you who replied about the job offer spams. Could
> anybody point at the best site for the latest rulesets and an
> explanation of what each one does.

The "main" site for rules is generally http://www.rulesemporium.com/,
and spefically the http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm page. They
have descriptions for what they do. You'll also find more on
http://www.exit0.us/, including the RulesDuJour script at
http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour that will
automatically check for new rules for you.

I can send you the current RulesDuJour settings I am using, if you like,
assuming you are not already using it. You should check it yourself and
make sure you are happy with the rules yourself, though.

I still find that there are some spam messages that don't seem to be
covered by rules, so end up writing my own. I'm no expert, but basic
rule-writing isn't that hard if you can write regular expressions.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom