   MK> Yes, that's exactly what he wants you to look at. You can match up all
   MK> those tests names with scores by greping in 50_scores.cf. Since you have
   MK> bayes and network checks in use, it will be using the last score in each
   MK> line.

   MK> For example
   MK> $grep RAZOR2_CHECK 50_scores.cf
   MK> score RAZOR2_CHECK 0 0.150 0 1.511

   MK> This tells you that of the 4.7 total points. 1.511 came from this test.

   MK> You also are using some SARE rules, those won't show up in 50_scores.cf,
   MK> they'll be in /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf, but the same tactic applies.

   MK> I can tell you from experience that none of the above rules have a
   MK> significant negative score. (SPF_HELO_PASS is negative, but it's -0.001
   MK> points)

   MK> The one thing that sticks out to me is that it hit BAYES_50.. this
   MK> suggests that while you have bayes enabled, it's not trained to
   MK> recognize this kind of spam.

   MK> BAYES_50 specifically means that SA's bayes result is undecided for this
   MK> message, and believes there's a 50/50 chance of the email being spam or
   MK> nonspam. Had this message scored on the spam side the BAYES_ rankings,
   MK> it would have also had a higher total score, and probably have been
   MK> tagged as spam.

Thanks, Matt, for the explanation.

Maybe my bayes database (or mechanism) is screwed up.  I am not using a mysql
database for bayes and I think I'm using an individual bayes database per
person.

1) How can I verify that it is finding my bayes database?  Maybe that's the
   problem?

2) How can I share a global bayes database so that all users share the same
   database?  This is a home network and mail server we all have the same
   idea as to what's spam.  I want one person (myself) to do the spam
   training and have everyone benefit.

By the way, I use spamc/spamd and a global procmailrc to do my filtering.

Thanks!

...Jake

--
Jake Colman