Nigel Frankcom wrote:

>Point accepted, but - why do they market it as such?
>
>Nigel

I don't see them (yahoo) marketing it as an anti-spam solution. They
market it as a tool to solve problems that anti-spam efforts face
(spoofing).

http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys/

Of course, the fact that the associate themselves at all with anti-spam
efforts causes a lot of trade rags to call it an "anti-spam solution",
but what else do you expect from trade rags? They throw up headlines
that over-state the facts all the time.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5164279.html

Headline: Yahoo, Sendmail to test antispam system

*From the story quoting a Yahoo VP *"In working with Sendmail, and other
industry leaders, we are able to develop a powerful authentication
solution to solve the spoofing problem and lay the foundation for future
antispam advances,"
*
Gotta love how the headline doesn't match the story..

 But "Yahoo, sendmail to test authentication system with hopes of aiding
future antispam efforts" won't attract as many readers.

Don't believe the headlines, they're nearly always lying about the real
facts to grab your attention.

*