From: Michael Parker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:10 PM
To: Gary W. Smith
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: SQL install with mSQL driver

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 06:59:27PM -0700, Gary W. Smith wrote:

> I have installed DBD::mysql and it still doesn't work.  The install
file
> says that DBD::mSQL is required and the options that I specified when
we
> installed it was for mysql (as the mSQL diver is covers it as well).

Can you please point out where in the install file this is?

> Apr 12 17:22:44 pxtoakdev04 spamd[3378]: bayes: Database version  is
> different than we understand (3), aborting! at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/SQL.pm
line
> 160, <GEN2> line 2.

This is a pretty good indication that you did not use the supplied
bayes_mysql.sql file to create your database.  If you did it would
have created and inserted the proper version number into the database.

Please read sql/README.bayes and follow the instructions there.
Perhaps you did and it's just a permissions problem that you are
seeing.

Michael