To avoid suprises, remember to watch your memory usage.
Redis reads/writes the DB in memory and only dumps to disk for backup.

"redis-cli info" is of help

On 4/16/21 9:10 AM, Christian Völker wrote:
Sorry to annoy you. Another addition to my tests:

When using redis it took me around 15seconds to scan ~1,500 messages.
When using MariaDB it took one minute to do the same.
With file based I had strange issues whatever lock type eI used (flock yes/no): "bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 206."

Anyways, now using Redis which appears to be the fastest.

Thanks again!

/Christian