Kelson wrote:

> Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>> Robert Swan wrote:
>>
>>> How do I clear, or unlearn the bayes filter it seems that it is picking
>>> up wrong. E-mail that is SPAM has autolearn=ham in the header and this
>>> is wrong.
>>

>> Is it?
>

> If it's spam being learned as ham, then yes, it is wrong.  Autolearn
> may be doing what it's supposed to, but it's still a false negative.
> An expected one, but a misclassification nonetheless.

True. I mis-read Robert's message as implying that the SA autolearn
mechanism was going haywire and randomly learning spam as ham for no
clear reason. Hence my answer.

Sorry for any confusion it may have created.

(The rest of the message is generally correct, albeit topically
misdirected. The facts about how the autolearner works in my message are
correct, albeit some details are omitted for simplicity. Opinions about
the threshold are my personal opinions, but they are my actual opinions.)