Matthew Newton wrote:

What would be the benefits of creating rules that fired on bounce
messages only (i.e. came from <>), and hit stuff like this. Are there
any reasons why giving a score of 10 when matching "Spam-Score: ++++++++"
on a bounce would cause a real bounce to get rejected?

Yes, if the real bounce contained those headers, which it might if SpamAssassin on the recipient's system misidentified a message as spam, which does occasionally happen, especially if people have added custom rules.

I have gotten such bounce messages, explained the problem to the remote mail administrator (messages about breast cancer being misidentified as being about breast enlargement, for example), and gotten the problem fixed. If I had the sort of rule you're suggesting I wouldn't have known the messages were being rejected.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC