On 5/11/2005 2:51 PM, Kevin W. Gagel wrote:
>>On 5/11/2005 6:58 AM, Martin G. Diehl wrote:

>>I haven't really looked into this much yet, but it appears
>>that some embedded CR or LF characters are getting
>>processed by SA and then fed back to Postfix, which then
>>cleans up the message and splits the headers where it sees
>>the bare CR or LF. The result is two sets of headers, the
>>second of which naturally becomes part of the body.
>
> SpamAssassin does not alter the message.

Like I said, I haven't really looked into very closely and I don't know
who's doing the conversion of bare CR/LF into CRLF pairs.

How sure are you that SA doesn't do conversion?

I don't have much doubt that postfix cleanup is doing this, but frankly it
seems more likely to be SA.

> All MTA's will interpret the first blank line as the
> begining of the body.

No kidding. The problem we are seeing happens when there is a EOL marker
at the end of a header, and when that is cleaned up we have two CRLF pairs
all of a sudden, with all of the headers which follow suddenly being part
of the message body.

Trying to figure out who/where this is happening is the exercise