> At 05:51 AM 5/11/2005, Marco Herrn wrote:
>>It seems that the --max-children option doesn't do as one expects, since
>>spamd now uses a preforking. And it seems that the processes are not
>>limited at all.
>
> Are you sure? Are there more than 5 spamd's in ps ax?

You are right. There are only 5 of them. It seems the other I saw where
many  concurrent spamc processes.

> You mentioned there being more than 32 db connections, I just want to
> check
> if it's really 32 spamd's running, or if there are 5 spamd's running and
> someone's not closing SQL connections.

Hmm, the only process also accessing the database is exim. I do not know
how exim is doing this, what wouldn't think that exim is that inefficient.

I noticed that the database also produces a significant load on my system.
So I will now try to investigate what postgresql is doing here.

Thanks
Marco