Fred wrote:
Ben Hanson wrote:

Shortly after the first of the year, I  noticed the percentage of spam
messages for our organization dropped consistently by 10-15%.
Ben

I see between 83-85% spam.
We use SARE rules + my own home-brew rules + the new BLACK uribl lists +
unreleased SARE rules.
In the past 24 hours the numbers are:
spam-reject 55,967
mail-in 11,089
total-mail 67,056

Viruses not included in this count, it would skew things due to the recent
increase in new viruses lately.

http://www.rulesemporium.com might have some helpful rules for you to add to
your setup.

On another topic, I see just as many user-unknowns as I reject spam.  That's
cause we are an ISP and customers like to switch stuff around often ;)

Frederic Tarasevicius
Internet Information Services, Inc.
http://www.i-is.com/
810-794-4400

Fred

70% of my inbound traffic is for unknown users, 20% spam/malware and 10% real mail.

The figures are even worse if I remove the various the email lists I'm on like this one :-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.