That's not really accurate, soccer is actually one of the largest team,
youth, sports in America now. IIRC it's has been the YMCA's biggest team
sport for nearly a decade. That means the kids that are playing, and their
parents, will know what a World Cup is. In America we tended to judge the
enthusiasm for a sport based on revenue and media coverage. Right now the
advertising target for athletics are those who play, are involved in or
played soccer when they were kids. When I was in school there was 5 days
devoted to soccer in JR. High and that was it. Now there are probably more
soccer families in our community than baseball. In the next 10 - 15 years
you will see a big difference in the number of pro soccer teams in the US as
well as an increase in coverage because the kids that have grown up playing
soccer will have the money to be heard and catered to. It's economics not
ignorance, sports media coverage follows the money, as it always has.

Rick

believed to be clean.