What I did against this , is first, have a virtusertable that lists all your users, and at the end has something like

@mydomain.edu.tr    error: sorry no one by that name

(syntax may be off I am writing this from the top of my head)

so it rejects it outright before the mail has to go thru spamassassin, etc.

second thing I did: hack the sendmail source so that when BadRcptThrottle is reached, it closes the connection instead.
Life has been peaceful since :)

-t