On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 09:12 +0200, Niek wrote:
> On 6/6/2005 10:50 PM +0200, Raul Dias wrote:
> > Ok, I findout some stuff here:
> >
> > 1 - This is not the only message this happens.  Other messages that
> >     should have triggered SPF rules did not.
> >
> > 2 - This is happening when using spamd.
> >
> > 3 - When running these messages by hand against spamassassin -D
> >     never got a missing SPF rule.
> >
> > So, for some reason, spamd sometimes skips SPF tests.
> > Is this right?  Would spamd skip some tests for any reason? Load?
> > Network timeout?
>
> Do you load the spf plugin in init.pre ?
>
> Niek Baakman

Yes.

$ grep SPF /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre
# SPF - perform SPF verification.
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF

SPF would never work if not there, right?
Note that it does work, but not always.

I have never see it fail from calling the spamassassin form the command
line, just as spamd.
It has enough permission for spamd to read it.

Could it be that it happens because of some timeout issue, network issue
(timeout) or not enough spamd children available makes it skips some
tests? Or something like this?

Thanks,

Raul Dias