Hi,
since a lot of spam nowadays tries to get past the filters
by multiplying random letters, wouldn't it make sense to
introduce normalization plugins to spamassassin?

These would run over the mail once before the actual scanning
starts, and perform transformations on the decoded mail body.

Some functions I could think of off of the  top of my head would
be:
- reducing multiple consecutive letter instances to one occurance
of the given letter

- Transforming html-entities to their given roman letter equivalent

- removing all non-alphanumericals from the mail body

This would require a new new rule calls (e.g. normalbody), to avoid
breaking existing rulesets.

Would this make sense? Can this be included into spamassassin, or
are the current internals structured in way that makes the introduction
of such plugins hard/impossible?

Regs,
Sven