Vivek Khera wrote:
> and the idiot mail system that did such neutering should be banned
> from the earth.  there's absolutely no reason to strip a virus from
> an email then let the rest of the message through.

Actually, it's occasionally the virus itself that misfires and forgets
to attach a copy of itself.  <g>  I've seen those coming from infected
customer systems to other customer accounts - no outside systems
involved, so I'm certain the virus wasn't just stripped off by our virus
scan.

I *DID*, however, find a customer once that managed to get infected with
a VBscript virus that attached itself to LEGITIMATE email.  They were
upset because their mail didn't seem to be getting through.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!