Thomas Cameron wrote on Friday, June 10, 2005:

>I have SA (plus spamass-milter to reject, but that's not important for
>this discussion) on a bunch of servers at various client sites.  All of
>them except one just flat stop spam.  Period.  Those clients are just
>tickled pink with the results.
>
>The one client who does not allow me to use Razor, Pyzor and DCC (they
>won't open their firewall) is very dissatisfied with the solution.  It
>is incredibly frustrating.
>
>So my answer to you would be to install those three helpers and make
>sure that you have a recent Net::DNS installation.  You will see
>accuracy go *way* up.

When I installed SA, I also installed Pyzor (there was some reason I couldn't
get Razor or DCC to compile, but I can't remember what that is now).

I was all set to configure it, when I just became totally confused.  The only
documentation I could find was the man pages, in that typically dense Unix man
page style: "server=<address> sets the server"  Of course, this doesn't tell
you what a "server" is, does, or what address you should put there.  I
certainly wasn't going to just start putting in random addresses, possibly
screwing up the entire Pyzor network, when I had no idea what I was doing.

Do you have a link to a step-by-step instructions that explains how to set up
Pyzor?  Maybe I'll make Pyzor my project or next weekend.

James
--
James Bucanek <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>