Hello martin,

Monday, June 13, 2005, 11:37:03 PM, you wrote:

ms> Thanks for the reply Bob, it's a rule of my own, and yes I was using the
ms> same definition of URL and URI, I just didn't notice any FP when I first
ms> wrote it but wasn't sure if the uri rule behaviour had changed, since its
ms> not a url rule that is.

SARE has been playing around with URI rules lately, and when we need
to test for something in the host/domain area, we use something like:
> uri  rule_name  m'(?:https?://)?[^/]*testgoeshere'
In other words, the test must precede any/all slashes except for those
that might be within http://

When we need to test for something after the host/domain area, we
reverse that, like:
> uri rule_name m'(?:https?://)?.+/testgoeshere'
In other words, the test must follow a slash.

The method can be improved upon, but it helps avoid what I think are
the false hits you're dealing with.

Bob Menschel