Theo Van Dinter wrote:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 01:01:11PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
Is it disabling the autolearning because it already autolearned it, maybe? Or is it disabling the autolearning because of something else that might be going wrong?

It's disabled because you've disabled it somewhere. :)

This is in the FAQ: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutolearningNotWorking

I've been very concerned about the autolearn=unavailable, since to me this indicates some kind of configuration or environment problem. I would prefer that it just say "no" or something a little more germane to the situation that this is a catch-all for any possible unknown condition: "unknown".

I suppose, like always, the only way to be sure of why it's "unavailable" is to spamassassin -D on it. But still some care should be taken that the word used is generally meaningful from the perspective of a mail admin reading it. "unavailable" can mean something really horrible when you're using MySQL... or even Bayes (file perms, etc).

Bill