SSK1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/20/2005 08:31:01 PM:

> Our inbound/outbound SMTP mail is traversing via MessageLabs..
>
> Cut a long story stort - I want to bypass messagelabs (costs) and
> implement an (in-house) Antispam solution.
>
> (domain1.com) I have 12 (W2K/Linux) Domino Servers including the (w2k)
> Passthru Server.
> (domain2.com) I have 1 2003 exchange server.
>
> 2 of the above servers receive smtp traffic and forward it to the
> users/other servers.
>
> Basically I would like to know if it's possible to have a
> linux/SpamAssassin server receive smtp traffic and then pass it on to
> the passthru/exchange server once checked.
> If it is possible, apart from Spamassassin, what other ingredients do I
> need ? ie qmail ?? etc..
> Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated..

Shouldn't be a problem at all. That's probably how a lot of SA installations are set up. You'll need an MTA of your choice, Sendmail, QMail, Postfix, etc., and a way of calling SA, milter, mailscanner, amavisd, etc. My SA setup uses sendmail and spamass-milter running on FreeBSD frontending several domino servers.  Works like a champ.

Andy