Andy Jezierski wrote:

Michael Moyse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 07/05/2005 11:10:07 AM:

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

Michael Moyse wrote on Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:54:27 +0100:

Why even bother processing it at all?

Because the next mail will come from another host? Blacklisting a
single
Mexican mail provider doesn't help much against future spam.

Kai

It does because
a) I never expect to receive email from anyone in Mexico
b) The domain vitalmex.com.mx is blacklisted not the host so I never have to see or filter anything from that domain ever again. Why waste processing time on it?

Damn it I might even block the entire IP range and domain for Mexico.

That may be fine for a single user system, but a multi-national or a hosting company like the OP don't have the luxury to block entire countries.
Fair point