Joe Flowers wrote:
BTW, if anyone knows a command line program that can easy run thu a bunch of mbox files and tell how many messages are in them, I will report back how many ham and how many spam messages that I have fed to bayes. It's far from perfect, but it may offer some interesting info regarding the 100:1 (fn:fp) ratio.

I usually do this:

grep -c "^From " filename

It's not perfect, since it's theoretically possible for someone to have a line in their message that starts with From (to provide an example -- see if your mbox-generating program escapes that line!), but it's usually enough.

--
Kelson Vibber