Keith Ivey wrote:
JamesDR wrote:

If you want to post to aol, your HELO MUST match your rdns (has been in my case and a few others.)

Not true. I send messages to AOL all the time from a machine whose HELO does not match its rDNS. Perhaps you mean that the HELO must be a valid hostname that points to your server's IP address?

Well, all I know is when I used trusswood.net or mail.trusswood.net as the helo (ip as above) I got a nice message not to spam them ;-D . I then changed the helo message (for my server) to the rdns and all was good again. The mx record points to mail.trusswood.net, mail is sent from the trusswood.net ip (same as mail.trusswood.net).. I have available to me 5 ips (using only 1 atm) I didn't see any need to put the mail|web|outbound stuff off onto other ip's ('cause they go to the same place anyway...)

But then again... we're a drop in the ocean of e-mail exchanges with them...

--
James - Where's that qwest cust support #....