On Friday 15 July 2005 12:05, Loren Wilton typed:
> > Is there information somewhere else
> > that tells people how to unsubscribe from the list.
>
> Yes, its hidden in the headers of the messages from the list, where most
> rational people won't think to look.  I guess they did that as a test,
> since this list is supposed to be for mail admin (or at least spam admin)
> types. Rational lists put this sort of thing where people will think to
> look, rather than making it an easter egg hunt.

Several MUAs, including Squirrelmail, will check the headers for the RFC 2369
entries (standards track since 1998) and update their display appropriately.
Imo, it beats having footers mangled onto the bottom of every e-mail.

*shrug*  Horses for courses I guess.