Dr Robert Young wrote:
I have a " font size=+0" & "font size=1" sample, and from what I can tell in the report, this rule is not being hit. But I thought there were some "small font" rules included. Hence ( at least in part) my question.

Being fairly new to SA, does it go through "each and every" rule and test listed , on each email?

Short of SA crashing, yes. All tests that are enabled are run, every time. No bailouts.

There's been some proposals to add the optional ability for a black or whitelisted message to bail out of the tests early, but AFAIK that's not been done yet, and even if it is it would be a "post 3.1.0" feature, possibly 3.2.0.

And before you or someone asks, as someone always does, no SA can't bail out as soon as it hits the spam tag threshold. SA supported that feature a LONG time ago (SA 2.20?) and it caused FPs because it bailed out before the negative-scoring rules ran.

Forcing the negative-scoring rules to run first causes SA to have to scan the whole body twice, (once for the negatives, then once for the positives) which nullifies the speed benefits. If SA did a pass-per-rule you could sort the passes and speed it up, but AFAIK SA does the body rules in parallel.

However, bailing out on a white/blacklist doesn't suffer from risk of FP/FNs.. you can work out the black/whitelists during the header pass and decide to bail before the body scan. The body rules are unlikely to overwhelm the black/whitelist, and if you are relying on that behavior you can always not use the bail-out.