>  I run into this as well, sometimes it will run along great,
> and then just out of the blue die with no reason or errors
> that I can find.  Actually happened to me this morning, woke
> up to a pile of spam in my mailbox, and thought guess spamd
> died off, time to restart it.

My SpamD didn't die literally, but would stop functioning,
just seeming to hang when asked to classify spam.

I am running on Cygwin and put it down to the OS-environment,
but on testing the cvs snapshots (3.10pre4+) my initial, very
brief evaluation (and hope) is that the problem is reduced
(or eliminated.)

--
Herb Martin