At 01:55 AM 7/27/2005, James Bucanek wrote:
I just upgraded my SA system and installed Razor.

I have two e-mail addresses set up for spam and ham reporting. Both are sent to an mbox that is, twice an hour, shipped off to a script that runs sa-learn.

When I installed Razor I modified the script to send the same messages to razor-report too.

Later, I read that one shouldn't do that because it sends Razor the messages with the SpamAssassin headers. One should use 'spamassassin --report' instead.

If your spamassassin markup is headers-only it's fine. Razor does NOT care about headers at all.

However, if you're using sa in a way that encapsulates spam, then you'll want to use spamassassin --report.

This is supposed to update the Bayes DB, strip the SA headers, and report it to Razor sans headers all with a single command. Apparently, I'm not doing it right.

But when I run 'spamassassin --debug --report --mbox < queued_spam.mbox' I get a bunch of suspicious messages, which makes me think it isn't working right at all:

Of course it isn't. spamassassin does not support --mbox, only sa-learn does.

spamassassin only accepts single-message rfc-822 format.