It crashes the perl 5.8.7 on 3 FreeBSD 5.4 machines, but not with perl 5.8.6
or
Perl 5.8.5 on those same machines.  So, we've by far excluded it really
being
a spamassassin problem, which I didn't think it was to begin with.  The
original
intent was to bring the problem to people's attention, and maybe get some
ideas
on how to fix it out to the mailling list, and the archives, so when some
poor
soul out there runs into this problem, he or she will know whats going on.

I think we can stop clouding up this list with this thread, as I've put a
bug
report on the perl side of things.  You can follow it there (#36667), and
if/when
a solution or fix comes around, I'll share it back here.

Thanks for you all your help