the silver lining instead the problems I've been having is that I learned my rbl checking was screwed up.  one of the things I did when my spamassassin started to backup was to have my mailserver check three rbl's ahead of spamassassin and simply throw out hits.  the amount of spam went way down and this caused me to realize that I was skipping rbl checking without realizing it.

is I turn rbl checking on what lists does it check?

I'm getting great results from spamhaus, sorbs, and njabl.  are these same checks in spamassassin?  can I change the lists that are checked in a configuration file or do I need to create rules?

Frank M. Cook
Association Computer Services, Inc.
http://www.acsplus.com